Orange Beach UMC United Methodist Women
The UMW are a group of women in our church who have fellowship with one another and serve the community. Our UMW ministry has great opportunities for women who are looking for a place to get involved!
The Martha Missions Circle is a caring group of women who meet together for prayer and Bible study, and also find creative ways to serve people in need. Many lives are blessed by the hard work that the Circle contributes to missions projects, and they are always willing and ready to share God’s love in meaningful ways.
- Martha's Missions Circle: Every third Thursday at 10:00 in the library.
- UMW Sewing Group: Every Monday and Thursday at 9am in the sewing room near the library.
Martha Missions Circle Projects:
- Baby bags for newborns
- Care bags for sick children
- Sewing children’s pillowcase dresses for mission trips.
- Baking holiday cookies in December
- Sewing lap robes for nursing homes, Ronald McDonald House and those who are ill.
- Create bags for wheel chairs and walkers.
UMW General Projects:
- Poinsetia sales during Christmas
- Chilli Lunch in February
- Easter Lillies to sponsor a $2,000 scholarship for a qualifying high school graduate at GSHS
GET IN TOUCH
If you are interested, we would love for you to join our group! Feel free to contact Karen or Jo Ann for more information.
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
United Methodist Women and The United Methodist Church's principles and values include:
- Promoting the empowerment of women, children and youth.
- Promoting anti-racism and multiculturalism.
- Promoting inclusion and equity.
- Promoting fair labor practices.
- Promoting economic and environmental stewardship and sustainability.
Purpose Statement: The UMW shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
To learn more about the UMW, please visit their conference wide web page.